- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
Koppert Biological Systems is the worldwide market leader in integrated pest management and disease management. Every day, Koppert Biological Systems helps growers and farmers around the world to combat pests and diseases in a natural and sustainable way. In this way, we hope to make an active contribution to a sustainable society, with safe food in sufficient quantities to feed a rapidly growing population. Our Research & Development has frequently been the source of biological solutions, which were subsequently adopted worldwide.
Do you enjoy new challenges? Are you enthusiastic, self-motivated, and an effective negotiator? We are expanding our cannabis and ornamentals team on the East Coast and have a Technical Sales Consultant role waiting for you! We partner with our customers to provide technical sales and service of our biological products. You will be based in the Maryland or Washington DC area to serve the customers there. You will spend part of your time working from a remote office and part of your time visiting your clients in the area.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the assigned territory through visiting existing customers, direct marketing, and acquisition.
- Support grower's success in crop protection by developing and implementing personalized Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies in Horticultural crops such as Ornamentals and Cannabis.
- Build and manage customer relationships to gain a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Identify and pursue new market opportunities.
- Expand market portfolio by utilizing all Koppert resources to turn prospects into customers.
- Participate in the development and launch of upcoming Koppert portfolio innovations. Participate and communicate with the East Coast Horticulture team as well as national team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to listen, ask good questions, and develop trust in your relationships with customers and peers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a dynamic work environment and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to negotiate, mediate and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both written and verbal.
- Ability to write both technically and commercially.
- Ability to work harmoniously with other departments within the Koppert family.
- Strong computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, CRM software.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree or higher required. Degree in Horticulture or Agricultural-related field preferred; or equivalent industry experience required.
- Experience directly in the agriculture/horticulture market as a grower or IPM staff member required.
- This job operates part time on the road and part time from a remote office.
- Frequent amount of commercial travel to visit customers, trade shows, and company meetings.
- Regular exposure to hot and humid greenhouse conditions while on technical visits.
- Regular exposure to bumble bees and other insects.
- Extended periods of time spent in front of the computer and on the phone.
- Ability to regularly sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel (air and ground) up to 50%, with minimal international travel.
- Ability to regularly maneuver in and out of greenhouse environments.
- Ability to endure heat or humidity for periods of time.
- Ability to control emotions under various levels of pressures, stress, and fast-paced activities.
Please apply here: https://www.click2apply.net/6elmLPsYqnZgYUx6kForgV