- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Export Sales Manager North America Exports
Position: Export Sales Manager
Division: North America Exports
Location: North America (remote: USA/Canada/Mexico)
Job Type: Export Sales
Categories: Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and innovative multi-national import/export/trading company. We have 5 divisions worldwide that handle fruits & vegetables across 65+ countries. Our company has been featured four times in the INC 5000’s annual list of fastest growing companies: 2017 Inc 5000 #923, 2019 Inc 5000 #1587, 2020 Inc 5000 #1899 & 2021 #1086!
When you join Terra Exports, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who are disrupting the global fresh produce industry. But working at Terra Exports is about more than being disrupters. It’s about having a say in and improving the process. We start at the ground level – literally – with the growth of the product at the farm level, and we manage the process all the way up through distribution channels, up into the end user, the consumer.
We pride ourselves on our products arriving fresh and damage free and we are there every step of the way, working alongside our suppliers and customers who share in our common goal.
Watch our team video here:
We are currently looking for a dynamic Export Sales Manager who is passionate about international trade and has a reputation for being a star performer to join our company. As an Export Sales Manager you will handle mainly North American fruits & vegetables (USA/Canada/Mexico).
This is a remote, work from home position. We offer a competitive base + commission package.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Communicate with customers daily, quoting North America origin produce.
- Business Development: New and Current accounts.
- Proactively create additional sales with new and existing customers.
- Provide superior customer service to new and existing customers.
- Track and analyze customer sales history and purchasing trends.
- Identify and strategically pursue industry trends in fast-growing segments.
- Handling procurement from vendors.
- Attend industry and customer specific trade shows, conferences, and meeting with prospective and existing customers.
You must be a culture fit for our company (this is extremely important):
- Be self-motivated.
- Provide excellent service to growers, customers, and fellow team-members.
- Take quick-action!
- Be a team-player.
- Understand how important reputation is in this industry.
- Treat everyone with respect and empathy – don’t be an asshole!
While we have customers in multiple countries (such as retailers, wholesalers, importers, and food service companies), bringing your own relationships too is highly encouraged.
The fruits you will sell are sourced both by our team in North America as well as by your own efforts. We have growers/packers/shippers all over the continent, however bringing your own relationships too is highly encouraged.
While you may work from home depending on your location, your ability to visit customers/suppliers/growers, attend expos, and visit our other Terra Exports divisions around the world is very important.
You must have at least 1 year of experience in the fruit & vegetable industry, ideally in an export sales role.
Communication is key, and given that our headquarters are in the USA, we will need you to handle the English language quite well. Multi-lingual candidates are highly encouraged to apply!
This is a sales role, so if you do not enjoy sales and negotiations, this position is not for you.
While this position reports to our North America Division Director, it is extremely important that you are self-motivated and do not require constant supervision or micro-managing.
While we are very technology-oriented and use WhatsApp significantly companywide, talking on the phone every single day with our team, growers, service providers, and customers is exceptionally important.
You must understand that in international trade the 9-to-5 mentality is merely an aspiration that rarely materializes. It’s important you are readily available when opportunity comes knocking.
A competitive base salary is offered, plus a commission based on sales goals.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.