- Senior Commercial Manager
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How a safari camp in the heart of Kenya’s Masai Mara is harvesting 200kg monthly
- A very crowded European avocado market
- "We have lost 80% of our stone fruit production this year"
- "The soil of Zimbabwe seems to be magical for blueberries”
- San Miguel sells fresh fruit operations in Peru and South Africa to Citri&Co
Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
Magnus Kahl Seeds is a privately owned company operating throughout global markets, with offices and production activities in Australia and Europe. The company is involved in the breeding, production and marketing of a range of high quality onion and shallot seeds.
Magnus Kahl Seeds BV are seeking a professional, team focused and motivated person to take care of the sales and daily management of the European operations in Kortrijk, Belgium.
The company is looking to expand its footprint in Europe and also wants to introduce the seed products of its sister company Ausallium.
Ausallium produces and sells seed to the micro green, baby leaf, vertical farming and sprouting segments.
The full time role involves the following key activities:
- Visit existing EU onion and shallot seed customers 3-4 times per year
- Prospect for new onion and shallot seed customers within the EU
- Develop new customer base for micro green, baby leaf, vertical farming and sprouting seed products.
- Develop annual marketing and sales plan
- Negotiate and secure sales orders and submit orders to the Australian office
- Submit monthly sales reports to the management team
Inventory Management & Dispatch
- Participate in production and inventory planning
- Maintain accurate inventory records with support from the Australian team
- Manage all quality related testing and ensure inventory meets the company standards
- Send seed samples to quality testing laboratory
- Organise freight quotes for European seed shipments
- Coordinate all customers seed deliveries
- Follow all shipments through until the delivery has reached the end customer
Administration & Finance
- Lodge monthly expense reports
- Submit supplier invoices to the finance team for approval
- Assist in payable and receivables management
- Scan and file documents in an organised manner
- Plan, place, assess and report on commercial trial results
- Provide action plans for all trial outcomes
- Provide trial information to breeding team
To be successful in this position, you need to possess the following attributes, education and experience:
- Fluent in English, French and Dutch languages
- Tertiary qualification or work experience within the agricultural industry (within the vegetable seed industry is a strong advantage).
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Possess high level organisational skills and be detail orientated
- Have a strong work ethic and a competitive nature
- Computer literate in Excel and Google Workspace
For the successful applicant, we offer:
- Opportunity to travel to the company’s Australian operations for meetings and training
- Opportunity to grow and work within a small, focused and ambitious team
- Annual training allowance
- Regular visits to the EU office by the warehouse manager, Global sales manager and CEO to assist in training, inventory management, sales support and strategic planning
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your cover letter, along with your resume and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org