- Commercial Manager UK or Holland
- Accountmanager Europe LED Cultivation
- Executive Director, Stakeholder Relations & Industry Growth - Canada
- Marketing Manager - Chicago IL
- Sales and Trading
- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Offre d’emploi de Responsable Commercial Senior Sales Manager
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Supply Chain Specialist - Nairobi, Kenya
Supply Chain Specialist
About Perennial Foods Group
Perennial Foods Group is a regenerative agriculture company that sources a wide range of organically grown food products from a network of East African small farms and farmer cooperatives. By providing market access opportunities- as well as input financing and export operations support- we accelerate growers’ ability to reach international export markets. We provide on-farm technical advice to improve production systems, maintain quality and support growers’ transition to regenerative agricultural practices. In doing so, we seek to regenerate thousands of hectares of farmland across the continent.
PFG’s leadership is based in Ethiopia, with a network of growers across Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda, and commercial offices in the UK and the Netherlands. Our fresh fruits and vegetables are exported to the UK, EU, and UAE where they are sold under our organic produce brand, GreenPath Food. Our herbs are dried and sold under our herbal tea brand, Kib. As we continue to expand our network, we are looking for talented, driven team members with a passion for growing food sustainably.
About the Position
The Supply Chain Specialist connects our pipeline of regenerative agricultural partners to global export markets. You will report directly to the Operations Director. You will provide export and cold-chain expertise and technical support to our grower network, while overseeing the procurement of the packaging and agricultural inputs necessary to make exports possible.
Once growers have joined our network, you will provide technical expertise and on-site support. Daily tasks may range from trouble-shooting export challenges with our freight forwarders; to procuring sustainable, food-safe packaging material; to negotiating better contracts with airlines; to managing the loading, transportation and export of sea freight containers with smallholder grown produce. Expect to travel up to 35% of your time to provide this support.
- Assess new growers, exploring their capacity to manage cold chain and export operations and identifying international procurement requirements
- Coordinate weekly air freight and sea freight exports from Kenyan, Rwandan, Tanzanian and Ugandan to the United Kingdom, European Union and Middle East
- Provide remote and on-site technical support to growers and packhouses to support and improve their export operations
- File, track and maintain records of all export documentation required for growers to reach our global customers in London, Liege, Dubai and other destinations
- Working closely with the Technical team, preempt and resolve quality issues in the supply chain
- Identify growers’ international procurement needs and organize the procurement, delivery, and inventory tracking of packaging and agricultural inputs
- Ensure a positive relationship with major airlines and freight forwarders, maintaining up-to-date records of freight rates, charges and fees across our countries of origin
Required Skills & Experience
- You believe in our vision to convert thousands of hectares of small farms and smallholder land to regenerative agricultural practices and connect them to international markets.
- You have 3 or more years of experience managing fresh produce or perishable exports, including air and seafreight, ideally from multiple East African countries.
- You have 5-7 years of experience working in Import/Export operations, Supply Chain operations, Procurement, or a related work-stream.
- You excel in a decentralized, collaborative environment, building processes and relationships from the ground up. If you see something is broken, you go and fix it.
- You are confident in communicating in business English, written and verbal. Fluency in Swahili or Kinyarwanda is preferred.
- You are comfortable using Google Suite (G-mail, Sheets, Docs, Chat etc.) for day-to-day communication, task management, and financial analysis.
Term & Location
The Supply Chain Specialist role is a long-term, full time position, with an expected start date of February 28, 2022. You will be based in Nairobi, Kenya, with significant travel across East Africa to support our growing partners. You will be one of the first Nairobi hires of this fast-growing team.
Reporting Structure & Professional Development
The Supply Chain Specialist reports to the Operations Director. You will have weekly one-on-one check-ins with your manager that focus on developing your capacity alongside the team’s operations. Expect to take part in formal and informal coaching sessions, strategy discussions, and annual team off-sites, as we grow this team together.
PFG’s compensation package includes a combination of salary, allowances, and a performance based bonus. Details will be determined based on the candidate’s experience and location.
Diversity at PFG
- PFG employs a majority female workforce and is deeply committed to recruiting and supporting female staff, leadership, fellows, and contractors. Female candidates are actively encouraged to apply to help build this team from the ground up.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religious beliefs, race or ethnicity, or any other personal preferences or orientations - nor do we welcome candidates who do.
Interested candidates are invited to apply directly via LinkedIn.