- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
Production Director Phalaenopsis - Taiwan
Dümmen Orange is one of the world’s leading breeder and propagator of cut flowers, bulbs, tropical plants, pot plants, bedding plants and perennials. For our production site in Taiwan, we are looking for a Production Director – Phalaenopsis, he/she will be based in Kaohsiung, Taiwan.
Production Director – Phalaenopsis
Our organization grows and flourishes. This results in a fast-changing and, therefore, challenging environment.
We are looking for a self-motivated leader for the position of Production Director – Phalaenopsis to be based in Taiwan. The Production Director will ensure reliable delivery of customer demands by leading the site’s production capabilities.
The Production Director is fully responsible of the management of the Phalaenopsis Orchid young plant & tissue culture production, meeting standards in terms of quality and quantity. He/She will make sure that within framework provided by Supply Chain Director – Tropicals, the right strategy is implemented, specifically in budgets, P&L COGS, infrastructure, and process improvement areas. The output of the site will be at optimal QUOTIF fulfilment in the most efficient manner based on Dümmen Orange standards. The role will ensure that the supply chain & operations are very well connected to the Product Manager(s) throughout execution of the plans.
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Production Director – Phalaenopsis is primary responsible for:
- Align on implementation of strategic objectives and report about production progress, performance of operations, infrastructure, process improvements, KPIs, and budgets.
- Able to present figures on seasonal performance, monthly business reviews, and COGS.
- Prepare, review and manage production budget.
- Clear direction with standardized (operating) processes/procedures and responsibilities. Health, Safety and Environment in line with global guidelines.
- Ensure alignment of production, on time delivery, in full with the right quality (QUOTIF) in line with forecasted demand: On time and in full delivery of our quality products to the customer. Align short-term/long term demand in consultation with regional sales, product manager and demand planner.
- Ensure inventory accuracy & full (real time) transparency on inventory.
- Be Innovative: Be part and take initiative in new developments in technics, rooting concepts, logistics etc. in collaboration with customers, and within the strategy Dümmen Orange. Act as a ‘linking pin’ for cross-functional improvement programs initiated by Supply Chain, Planning, R&D, etc.
- Develop and implement operational excellence initiatives: Improved process/inventory transparency, performance captured in KPIs, and dashboards reporting about QUOTIF performance of operations.
- Management of Operational Excellence, e.g. the further improvement of transparency in availability, ensuring optimal use of IT systems, optimize surface planning, improvement of key processes such as order confirmation, waste reduction, improvement programs in the lab, and more.
- Lead operations at production site on a day-to-day basis and ensure compliance with Governmental, Dümmen Orange policies and agreed processes.
- Lead department managers and/or team leads: Able to Coach & development career plans and provide feedback to individual performance.
- Foster a knowledge sharing culture, teamwork and collaboration.
- Support the regional director to deliver the organizational health index improvement agenda items and create substantial improvements across the SOGO production organization.
- Help build and maintain a healthy organization where employees enjoy to work: Attract, develop and maintain the right employees.
- Empower the team with skills and energy to achieve set goals.
- Drive the Dümmen Orange values and instill meaningful values (purpose) on day-to-day operations.
- BSc or above (relevant studies in Supply Chain Management & Horticulture).
- Experience in tissue culture lab production and nursery production (Preferably in Phalaenopsis).
- 10+ years’ experience in Supply Chain & Operations Management (large scale production & lean production).
- 5+ years in a managerial position.
- Leadership capabilities with attention to communication, building collaborative team, and capacity to develop, coach, as well as provide feedback to individuals/teams.
- Strong motivational, project management and analytical skills.
- Energetic and a high degree of commitment.
- Flexible and proactive attitude: takes ownership, moving forward, maintaining a can-do attitude and openness to fosters vertical & horizontal discussion.
- High integrity, respect for colleagues and cultural diversity.
- Drive the Dümmen Orange values and be the “link” to connect the local culture.
- Fluency in English.
- Mandarin Chinese (Fluent)
Dümmen Orange has great global ambitions. Innovation, technology and quality are high priorities. This results in a challenging working environment in which you can develop yourself. Dümmen Orange offers its employees plenty of room for personal growth and development. We have an informal and easy accessible working environment in which cooperation is very important.
Dümmen Orange is the world’s largest breeder and propagator of flowers and plants. Its annual turnover is about 350 million euro. The company employs over 7.300 employees worldwide. In addition to a large marketing and sales network, Dümmen Orange has a diversified network of specialized production sites. The key to Dümmen Orange’s success is a broad and deep product range, supported by a global supply chain. The company embraces its social responsibilities and invests in the health, safety and personal development of its staff.
If you have questions about the job, you can contact Dennis Hsiao (Human Resource Manager – APAC), via email@example.com .
Acquisition with reference to this advertisement will not be appreciated.