- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Trader - Buyer Zachtfruit en Exoten
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- Citrus, avocado and grape importer announces new warehouse expansion
- More flooding expected in Orange River region
- New cherry varieties shows promise to make Chilean season even earlier
- "We want to minimize the impact of chilling damage on avocado quality"
- Demand for pomegranates triples at Christmas
Top 5 -last week
- Growing potatoes 'in thin air' could increase profits up to 20 percent
- More early South African grapes kept locally
- Early stonefruit, perhaps early grapes as well
- “You don’t only have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but you also have to know how to work with others"
- Central Otago cherry growers expect record volumes of fruit this season
Top 5 -last month
Flower Grower - Canada
Come join the growing team at Rosa Flora Limited, where we take pride in every petal! As a family owned and operated greenhouse located in Dunnville, Ontario, we are expert growers of premium cut flowers, including Snapdragons, Lisianthus, Large and Mini Gerbera. As part of a team reporting to the head grower, you will be responsible for the productivity and quality of 6 ha of cut flowers and the people who work in that area. On the job training will be provided to ensure your success in the role. View our company video
- Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who cultivate and harvest flowers.
- Monitor the crops to ensure quality growth & harvesting of cut flowers
- Plant crops when necessary
- Monitor and control pests, using IPM biologicals and pesticides
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate
- Activities with other departments under the guidance of the head grower
- Resolve work-related issues, prepare and submit reports to grower
- Train workers in job duties and company policies
- Ensure safety rules are followed
- Monitor water and pH & EC levels
- Monitor ventilation, CO2 and other environmental conditions
- Perform the same duties as workers supervised.
- Up to 1 year greenhouse experience, preferably in cut flowers.
- High school completion.
- Licence to apply chemical fertilizers, fungicides, herbicides and pesticides.
- Experience with Argus/Priva computer systems a plus.
Skills / Abilities required:
- Physically capable of regular greenhouse activities- including standing, walking, lifting, bending, and with standing high periods of heat and humidity.
- Effective verbal and written communication in English:
Spanish language skills an asset.
- Ability to take leadership role and display personal initiative and attention to detail, as well as high speed.
- Work Conditions: Year-round in an indoor greenhouse and/or warehouse environment. Some periods of heat and humidity.
- Use various equipment daily.
- 50 hours average per week with weekend availability required
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Human Resources by:
Mail: 717 Diltz Road, Dunnville, Ontario, Canada N1A 2W2