One handy 45-gram pack, with three different spices of 15 grams each, is the perfect mix to flavor any fish or meat dish. It's called Aromamì and is the latest product from Italy's Fratelli Cafaro 1989 from the province of Salerno. Two versions are available are 'Tris di terra,' for meat dishes, and 'Tris di mare,' for fish dishes.
"The new Aromamì line is an idea of Gianluca Cafaro, director of communications and packaging for the company. With this new proposal, instead of buying three different packages with one herb each, consumers can now purchase one convenient format with 3 products. This is easier and more sustainable because it means less packaging and less logistics costs," said Walter Cafaro, commercial director of Fratelli Cafaro 1989.
'Tris di terra' consists of sage, thyme, and rosemary, the 'Tris di mare' of parsley, tarragon, and dill. The trios will be available throughout the year, and our customers can also customize one by asking to replace a particular herb with another. Moreover, we can also provide 60- and 75-gram formats upon request," says Walter.
Fratelli Cafaro 1989 is located in Eboli, in the heart of the plain Piana del Sele, and specializes in growing and marketing baby leaf and aromatic herbs, 12 months a year. With an acreage of 170 hectares, the company has a very diverse range of products, with rosemary, sage, thyme, mint, dill, coriander, tarragon, and smooth and curly parsley in the herb segment and arugula, corn salad, green and red lettuce, garden cress, baby spinach, the dark red lettuce variety bull's blood, red chard and sorrel in the baby leaf segment.
"This year, we will add 18 acres for the cultivation of baby leaf. In addition, we will expand the assortment with sweet pea sprouts. In the first phase, we will export this product to Denmark, but we also plan to offer it to Michelin-starred restaurants here in Italy," says the commercial director.
"Our greenhouse area will also be increased by 20 hectares, with modern covered structures. Of this, 80% is for growing baby leaf, the remaining 20% for herbs," says Walter.
Ninety-five percent of Fratelli Cafaro 1989 exports go to Europe. "Our goal now is to reach new destinations, such as Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland. This is why we are going to take part in a trade fair for the first time as exhibitors. Our choice went to Fruit Attraction in Madrid because the event takes place in October, at the beginning of our season. It is, therefore, a strategic time for us to create new commercial relations. And since Spain is one of our competitors in the cultivation of baby leaf and aromatic herbs, it is extra interesting to participate in a show being held there. We will present all our products, including the new trios."
Fratelli Cafaro is exhibiting from October 3 to 5 at Fruit Attraction (booth 3 B00D).