Hort Innovation has recently contracted AUSVEG to deliver the industry export development program for the vegetable, onion and melon industries. The Multi-Industry Export Program (Vegetables, Onions, Melons) is a first for the horticulture industry and will see a collaborative approach to export development for growers in the vegetable, onion, and melon industries under a single holistic export program.
About the project
The Multi-Industry Export Program (Vegetables, Onions, Melons) (MT21009) is a five-year strategic levy investment under the Hort Innovation Vegetable, Onion, and Melon Funds. Hort Innovation – working with AUSVEG, Melons Australia and the onion industry – has brought three different industries together for the first time to collaborate on a combined industry export program.
The program developed for the Multi-Industry Export Program builds on successful export capability and market development activities AUSVEG has refined through years of successful delivery. The program incorporates enhancements such as provision of sophisticated market intelligence data and insights for growers.
This is in addition to tailored advice on product development for export, and a comprehensive market development program providing growers with valuable opportunities to re-engage with export markets and customer networks.
The synergies that will result through the joint approach between the three industry sectors will deliver strong positive outcomes for growers and achieve project delivery and resourcing efficiencies.
This investment in international trade development aligns with each of the three industry’s Strategic Investment Plan priorities to develop trade with international markets.
The new Multi-Industry Export Program will be led by AUSVEG, partnering with stakeholders in the melon and onion industries, and encompasses service delivery in the following areas:
- Export Skills and Capability Development.
- Market Planning and Market Entry.
- Market Development and Trade Facilitation.
- Market Intelligence and Trade Expansion.
- Trade Policy, Protocol and Risk Management.
- Communication and Industry Engagement.
- Assistance, Advice and Resource Development.
- Export Strategy Implementation.
The program focuses on building export capability and capacity in the vegetable, onion and melon industries.
It will also collate international market information for decision making – as well as business development functions to uplift the ability of exporting growers to service a wider range of markets and channels, and to expand international trade opportunities in the future.
The primary objectives of the program are to:
- Provide holistic international trade development support for Australian vegetable, onion, and melon growers to develop export markets.
- Maintain viable export pathways.
- Develop industry capability.
- Achieve sustained export growth under a multi-industry approach, leveraging existing vegetable industry trade development activities and the expertise and capacity that exists within the AUSVEG international trade team.
For more information:
Export Development team
Tel.: +61 03 9882 0277